Trauma Counselling also includes counselling for individuals facing terminal or life threatening illnesses, such as cancer or AIDS. We understand the sensitivity of traumatic experiences people have suffered and therefore provide a safe space for people to talk and help people through the difficult process.
Traumatic situations very often, don’t only affect the individual that was directly involved, but also close friends and family. Trauma Counselling sessions can also help loved ones deal with traumatic situations and will give them the ability to support the individual who was directly affected more effectively.
Life Counsel provides Trauma Counselling Services in Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban. Our Counselling services are available for the Private and Corporate Sector.
Trauma Group Debriefings
Life Counsel performs Group Trauma Debriefings, also known as trauma group therapy. Group Debriefings are normally performed in situations where 4 or more individuals were involved as a result of a traumatic event. With our Group Debriefing services, we first of all provide a safe platform for the employees to communicate and ultimately share their thoughts and feelings pertaining to the event or incident. We ensure that Employees understand the Trauma Process and recovery thereof. Corporate companies have found that group debriefings and group therapy are very helpful and effective for the Well-Being of the Staff and the Company.
Benefits of a Group Debriefing
- We come out to your Premises
- A psychologist or Counsellor will facilitate the Group Debriefing
- We assist in Managing the Sensitive situation on the company’s behalf
- Employees have a safe & constructive platform to communicate their sensitive thoughts and feelings
- Employees walk away from the Group Debriefing encouraged and Relieved
- Employees will receive Individual Counselling on request or if the Trauma Counselor identifies a need
- We ensure that Employees are Emotionally debriefed
- A Happy and Healthy Employee creates loyalty to the Company
- This shows that a Company cares for the well-being of its Employees
- We provide Reporting and Assessments
Positive Outcomes of Trauma Counselling
- Remove and Lighten the After Effects of Trauma
- Returning Back to Normal Lever of Function
- Returning to Purposeful Living
- A Bad Experience becomes a positive outlook in Life
- Able to Forgive
- Acceptance becomes Real
- Having a clearer understanding of negative past experiences
- Becoming a whole person again
- Becoming a Playful Individual again
- Enjoying Life in it’s simplicity
Negative After Effects of Emotional Trauma:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Unwanted Feelings & Thoughts
- Eating disorders
- Anxiety and fear
- Memory loss
- Headaches/Migraines or muscle Pain
- Emotionally Unstable
- Unproductive Behavior
See More on Corporate Debriefings
Life Counsel provides Professional Trauma Counselling Services in Pretoria, Midrand, Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town.
R700 PER HOUR MON-FRI 8:00H-17:30H SAT 8AM-12PM
Follow us on social media.
We Can Assist You
Life Counsel provides Professional Services in Relationship Therapy, Trauma Therapy, Anxiety & Stress Management Trauma Workshops & Relationship Workshops.
Life Counsel Blog
Read all the latest news and information on our blog.
DOES LOADSHEDDING CREATE UNDERLYING ANXIETY: EXPLORING A PSYCHOLOGICAL IMPACT OF LOADSHEDDING-PART 2 On a physical level loadshedding is adding to our anxiety as well. Every time that there is loadshedding, ort evbery time that a new loadshedding schedule is...
Exploring the Psychological Impact of Loadshedding in South Africa Does Loadshedding cause Anxiety? To successfully answer this question one needs to understand what anxiety is. It is an intense, excessive and persistent worry and fear about everyday situations. It...
Intimacy is an important aspect in the lives of people, Intimacy is vital in maintaining a healthy social life. People like to form meaningful and reciprocated relationships others whether they be romantic , family or friends. Although there are different types and...