Life Counsel’s Loss and Grief counselling can help guide you through the steps and process of dealing with grief and loss of a family member or friend. Grief is a normal response to the loss of any significant person, object or opportunity. Grief is an experience of deprivation and anxiety that can manifest itself through ones behaviour, emotions, thinking, physiology, interpersonal relationships and spirituality. Grief occurs with a sense of loss and can therefore also include divorce, departure of a child, retirement from career, loss of a limb, loosing a home or valued possession, loss of ones youthful appearance and relationships being left behind. In other words, whenever a part of life is taken away or lost, a state of grief can occur. Life Counsel will give you the necessary coping tools in dealing with the grieving period by encouraging healthy discussions and by expressing emotive states.Loss and Grief counselling will install healthy boundaries and help counselee come to logical conclusions by listening, supporting, praying, encouraging and giving hope where there seems to be no hope. Unhealthy
- Unwillingness to talk about the loss.
- Being emotionally unstable when the loss is mentioned.
- Speaking of the deceased in the present tense.
- Suicidal tendencies.
- Feelings of guilt, moodiness, hostility and being impulsive.
- Overwhelmed by loneliness.
- Excessive drinking or substance abuse.
- Refusal to show any emotions this often indicates denial or avoidance of grief.
- Withdrawing from family and friends.
- Unhealthy psychological tendencies.
- Resistance of any form of counselling.
Life Counsel Provides Professional Grief Counselling in Pretoria, Midrand, Johannesburg and Durban.