We all face difficult trials and situations which often lead to stress, anxiety and finally Depression. Depression covers a very broad spectrum of symptoms that differ in severity, frequency, duration and origin. The signs of depression are based on feelings, thinking, behaviour and physical illness. A depressive state and the severity of depression are dependent on three main contributing factors: Biological Causes, Psychological Causes and social-environmental influences.
Signs one should be aware of:
- Feeling of inefficiency
- Physical illness
- Decrease of sexual interests
- Low self-esteem
- Lack of appetite
- Feeling of isolation
- Wanting to be isolated from social activity
- Feeling of hopelessness
- Being extremely emotional
- a lack of willpower,
- no or lack of interest in partaking in day-to-day activities
- Suicidal thoughts or tendencies.
Not knowing how to deal with Depression, can have devastating effects on our lives, the lives of our loved ones and the people around us.
Can help with Depression in:
- Identifying the symptoms
- Dealing with the physical and sometimes biological causes and symptoms of depression, through the use of antidepressant medication or a more natural use of medication such as homoeopathic medicine. (In worse cases)
- Working to resolve the impact of the psychological causes.
- Changing cognitive behaviour and thinking.
- Overcoming fears.
- Guidance in behaviour changes.
- Coping with environmental influences.
- Developing social support.
- Developing social and environmental coping mechanisms
- Understanding the nature of Depression
Life Counsel Provides Professional Depression Counselling in Pretoria, Midrand, Johannesburg and Durban
R700 PER HOUR MON-FRI 8:00H-17:30H SAT 8AM-12PM
Follow us on social media.
We Can Assist You
Life Counsel provides Professional Services in Relationship Therapy, Trauma Therapy, Anxiety & Stress Management Trauma Workshops & Relationship Workshops.
Life Counsel Blog
Read all the latest news and information on our blog.
DOES LOADSHEDDING CREATE UNDERLYING ANXIETY: EXPLORING A PSYCHOLOGICAL IMPACT OF LOADSHEDDING-PART 2 On a physical level loadshedding is adding to our anxiety as well. Every time that there is loadshedding, ort evbery time that a new loadshedding schedule is...
Exploring the Psychological Impact of Loadshedding in South Africa Does Loadshedding cause Anxiety? To successfully answer this question one needs to understand what anxiety is. It is an intense, excessive and persistent worry and fear about everyday situations. It...
Intimacy is an important aspect in the lives of people, Intimacy is vital in maintaining a healthy social life. People like to form meaningful and reciprocated relationships others whether they be romantic , family or friends. Although there are different types and...