Overcome Emotional Trauma
Trauma Counselling & Facilitation
Trauma Counselling include counselling of traumatic situations such as Armed Robbery’s, Vehicle Hi-Jacks, Abusive Relationships, Sexual Abuse, Drug Abuse, Horrific Accidents and death, but also spans to include day to day traumatic situations and experiences. Trauma Counselling also includes counselling for individuals facing terminal or life threatening illnesses, such as cancer or AIDS. We understand the sensitivity of traumatic experiences people have suffered and therefore provide a safe space for people to talk and help people through the difficult process.
Traumatic situations very often, doesn’t only affect the individual that was directly involved, but also close friends and family. Trauma Counselling sessions can also help loved ones to deal with a traumatic situations and will give them the ability to support the individual that was directly affected more effectively.
Life Counsel provides Trauma Counselling Services in Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban. Our Counselling services are available for the Private and Corporate Sector.
Trauma Group Debriefings
Life Counsel also performs Group Trauma Debriefings, also known as trauma group therapy. Group Debriefings are normally performed in situation where 4 or more individuals were involved in a traumatic event. With our Group Debriefing services, we provide a safe platform for the employees to communicate and share their thoughts and feeling pertaining the event or incident. We ensure that Employees understand the Trauma Process and recovery thereof. Corporate companies have found that group debriefings and group therapy is very helpful and effective for the Well-Being of the Staff and the Company.
Benifits of a Group Debriefing
- We come out to your Premises
- a Psychologist or Counsellor will facilitate the Group Debriefing
- We assist in Managing the Sensitive situation on the Companies Behalf
- Employees have a safe & constructive platform to communicate their sensitive thoughts and feelings
- Employees walk away from the Group Debriefing encouraged and Relieved
- Employees will receive Individual Counselling on request or if the Trauma Counselor identifies a need
- We ensure that Employees are Emotionally debriefed
- A Happy and Healthy Employee creates loyalty to the Company
- This shows that a Company cares for the Well being of their Employees
- We provide Reporting and Assessments
Positive Outcomes of Trauma Counselling
- Remove and Lighten the After Affects of Trauma
- Returning Back to Normal Lever of Function
- Returning to Purposeful Living
- A Bad Experience becomes in a positive outlook in Life
- Able to Forgive
- Acceptance becomes Real
- Having a clearer understanding of negative past experiences
- Becoming a whole person again
- Becoming a Playful Individual again
- Enjoying Life in it’s simplicity
Negative After Effects of Emotional Trauma:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Unwanted Feelings & Thoughts
- Eating disorders
- Anxiety and fear
- Memory loss
- Headaches/Migraines or muscle Pain
- Emotionally Unstable
- Unproductive Behavior
See More on Corporate Debriefings
Life counsel Provides Professional Trauma Counselling Services in Pretoria, Midrand, Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town.