Overcome the grips of depression
We all face difficult trails and situations which often lead to stress, anxiety and finally Depression. Depression covers a very broad spectrum of symptoms that differ from severity, frequency, duration and origin. The signs of depression are based on feelings, thinking, behavior and physical illness. A depressive state and the severity of depression is dependent on three main contributing factors: Biological Causes, Psychological Causes and then Social Environmental influences.
Signs one should be aware of:
- Feeling of inefficiency
- Physical illness
- Decrease of sexual interests
- Low self – esteem
- Lack of appetite
- Feeling of isolation
- Wanting to be isolated from social activity
- Feeling of hopelessness
- Being extremely emotional
- a lack of will power,
- no or lack of interest in partaking in day to day activities
- Suicidal thoughts or tendencies.
Not knowing how to deal with Depression, can have devastating effects on our lives, the lives of our loved ones and the people around us.
Can help with Depression in:
- Identifying the symptoms
- Dealing with the physical and sometimes biological causes and symptoms of depression, through use of antidepressant medication or a more natural use of medication such as homoeopathic medicine. (In worse cases)
- Working to resolve the impact of the psychological causes.
- Changing cognitive behaviour and thinking.
- Overcoming fears.
- Guidance in behaviour changes.
- Coping with environmental influences.
- Developing social support.
- Developing social and environmental coping mechanisms
- Understanding the nature of Depression
Also see stress counselling if you feeling stressed or anxious.